Size guide, measuring & fitting
Every dog is unique and it is highly recommended you measure your dog to ensure an accurate and comfortable fit. It is also advisable to check the fitting of your pets’ collar regularly as neck measurements may change, especially important with puppies.
All our dog collars are adjustable. The guidelines below are general sizing recommendations and show the measurements between the shortened and extended length of the collar.
|Extra Small||21.5 - 32||8.5 - 12.5|
|Small||27 - 41||10.5 - 16|
|Medium||33 - 46||13 - 18|
|Large||38 - 58||15 - 23|
|Extra Large||46 - 74||18 - 29|
|Extra Small||9-12 inches||3/4 inch|
|Small||11-15 inches||3/4, 1 or 1.5 inch|
|Medium||15-21 inches||1, 1.5 or 2 inch|
|Large||18-26 inches||1.5 or 2 inch|
|Extra Large||23-31 inches||1.5 or 2 inch|
|Extra Small||15 cm||10.5 cm|
|Small||17.5 cm||13.5 cm|
|Medium||22 cm||16.5 cm|
|Large||32 cm||22 cm|
|SIZE||ADJUSTS TO FIT NECK SIZE|
|Extra Small||21 cm to 32 cm|
|Small||27cm to 41 cm|
|Medium||33 cm to 46 cm|
|Large||38 cm to 58 cm|
|Extra Large||46 cm to 74 cm|
|SIZE||BOWS & BOW TIES||SAILOR BOWS|
|Small||8 cm x 6 cm||8 cm x 10 cm|
|Medium||10 cm x 8 cm||10 cm x 12 cm|
|Large||12 cm x 9 cm||12 cm x 15 cm|
Measure your pet by one of the following methods:
- Use a dress makers tape measure placed around the pets’ neck.
- Use a piece of string or similar if you do not have a dress makers tape to measure the length against a ruler.
- Measure the length of their current collar against a ruler or tape measure.
- Add 2cm for a comfortable fit.
Our Dog Collars are dispatched at a certain length adjusted for packaging purposes only.
- Remove the collar from the packaging and discard responsibly.
- Open the collar by pinching the wings of the buckle and sliding the internal half of the buckle from the external half.
- Loosen the fitting by adjusting the slider along the collar.
- Place the collar around the pets’ neck to assess the adjustment required.
- Place two fingers comfortably between your pets’ neck and the collar to make sure it is not too tight.
- Once the appropriate adjustment has been selected, close the buckle by placing the internal half in the external half. Ensure the 'wings' of the buckle are moving freely and are fully located in the external half of the buckle when fastened.
As with all dog collars, check for wear and tear regularly and replace when appropriate. ‘Sense of Pawfection’ cannot be held responsible for any incidents or accidents as a result of incorrect fitting.